Roberto Romanello is hitting form just in time for the weekend’s High Roller Championship events. The Welsh Team partypoker member took down an 8-Max Knockout this week for more than $18,500 and reached the final two tables in a $1,050 Mix-Max event.
These impressive results have catapulted Romanello to third in the Player of the Championship race where $50,000 awaits the winner.
WPT 8-Max Knockout: $100K Gtd Final Table Results
Romanello’s victory came in the $530 buy-in WPT 8-Max Knockout and was worth a cool $18,649. Romanello outlasted 196-opponents as he marched on to victory.
A pair of Brazilian grinders were the final table’s first casualties. Renan Fernandes finished in eight and Pedro Madeira saw his tournament end in seventh-place.
United Kingdom-based Spanish superstar Adrian Mateos busted in sixth for a shade under $2,900 before Maxim Mamonov of Russia and Samy Ouellani from the Netherlands crashed out in fifth and fourth-place respectively.
Elvis Arzic left the building in third and got his hands on $11,126 for his efforts. His elimination left Romanello and Pascal Hartmann as the only players in contention for glory.
Our hero got the job done and resigned Hartmann to a consolation prize worth a combined $11,264, leaving Romanello to secure $18,649.
|1||Roberto Romanello||United Kingdom||$8,142||$10,507|
|6||Adrian Mateos||United Kingdom||$2,304||$593|
WPT Mix-Max: $100K Gtd Final Table Results
Romanello almost also reached the final two tables of the $1,050 WPT Mix-Max event but fell in ninth place. This added $3,264 to Romanello’s bankroll.
Markus Altkirch and Daniel Carter were the next players who headed to the rail, setting the six-handed final table.
Manig Loeser’s time at the final table was limited because he crashed and burned in sixth place. A pair of Swedish star in the legendary Niklas Astedt and Simon Mattsson were the next players out of the door. They banked prizes worth $6,375 and $8,722 respectively.
The first five-figure prize went to Rok Gostisa who collected $11,979 when he fell in third. Aliaksei Boika and Sergi Denisov locked horns heads-up for the lion’s share of the prize pool. The one-on-one battle went Denisov’s way and he collected $27,552, leaving Boika to reel in the $17,459 consolation prize.
|6||Manig Loeser||United Kingdom||$4,819|
Recent WPTWOC Winners
- Istvan Habencius – first-place in the $1,050 WPT 7-Max for $25,325
- Anton Bergstrom – first-place in the $530 WPT Mix-Max Knockout for $20,662*
- Jim Ensink – first-place in the $109 WPT Mini Mix-Max Knockout for $11,267*
- Tom Delaine – first-place in the $215 WPT Mix-Max for $11,525
- Pablo Lopez Soriano – first-place in the $215 WPT 6-Max Turbo PKO for $11,056*
- Luiz Constantin – first-place in the $215 WPT 7-Max for $10,658
- Flavio Nascimento – first-place in the $109 WPT Mini 8-Max Knockout for $10,351*
- Ivan Zufic – first-place in the $215 WPT 7-Max Turbo PKO for $9,895*
- Christopher Johnson – first-place in the $22 WPT Mini 7-Max for $4,333
- Artur Naumkin – first-place in the $22 WPT Mini Mix-Max for $3,962
- Ludvig Bjerkfeldt – first-place in the $22 WPT Mini 7-Max Turbo PKO for $2,716*
- Gediminas Cizauskas – first-place in the $22 WPT Mini 6-Max Turbo PKO for $2,428*
*includes bounty payments
Ready to join the party?
If you’re ready to jump into the action, then click here to download partypoker and get started!
If you already have an account with us, click here to open partypoker and hit the tables!